Re: 1952 8N s/n 499985 6 volt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 28, 2018 at 08:03:14 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 1952 8N s/n 499985 6 volt posted by Charles E. Carroll on December 27, 2018 at 13:36:29:

Charles-
It sounds like you may be relatively new to Ford Tractors. If so, many of us highly recommend that you invest in a set of the essential manuals to better understand your machine and proper operation and maintenance. The 8N Operator's Manual is good, but get the version for your tractor. Early versions were for the front mount distributor and early steering box. After April, 1950, all were now for the side distributor. Next, the I&T FO-4 Manual is a must. The 39-53 MPC has all the parts with exploded views of every system. The lime-green 8N Dealer Service Manual is available here on CD for a modest donation. Optional but also good to have is a current parts catalog from Dennis Carpenter. With these you can learn just about everything there is to know about these old N's. We also have many helpful D-I-Y articles and info in our HOW-TO's forum. MNANUALS has some, but the I&T FO-4 version is outdated, but the 1949 MPC is listed and the 1947/48 8N Operator's Manual is also available -for free download.

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERTAOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]