Re: Drawbar question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 10, 2018 at 09:52:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Drawbar question posted by Doug Siperly on December 09, 2018 at 22:33:05:

HiYa Doug-
I just looked on fleabay and couldn't find it. Has the auction ended or can you post the LINK? Someone asked this last week and I thought I gave a reply. Here's the scoop: DEARBORN MOTORS never made and sold the 9N-5182 11-hole drawbar. They did offer the famous SWINGING DRAWBAR for the OEM 8N-802 Clevis Bracket that came on every new 8N and NAA tractor. The FORD 11-Hole Drawbar was part of a shipping Parts kit, 2N-17003 issued with each new tractor. Originals had the FORD p/n "9N-5182" cast raised and some, but not all, also had the FORD script logo as well. When Harry Ferguson was fired by Henry Ford II and went o England to build his TO2O tractor, he used a set of 9N Blueprints to fashion it after. He even had the gall to use the Ford part numbers minus the FORD 9N prefixes obviously, so many of the TO20 parts had the same Ford basic UPC number. Thus the Ferguson drawbar carried the Ferguson cast raised logo, an [HF] in a box, plus the part number of '5182' also cast raised. In order to avoid any copyright penalties, Ferguson made his drawbar with only 9 holes as well.

FORD TRACTOR OEM SHIPPING PARTS KIT, 2N-17003:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]