Re: 9N10000-B Generator Armature.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 01, 2018 at 08:50:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 9N10000-B Generator Armature. posted by Del Huebner on November 30, 2018 at 13:14:55:

The early 9N-10000-A and 9N-10000-B generators are rare as hens teeth to find let alone just the armature. That being said, it took me ten years but I eventually found three 'A' units and three 'B' units as well as a repop 9N-10505-A Voltage Regulator. Thus I've adopted the mantra, "Never Say Never". One reason, my own personal theory, why we can't find many of these parts is that when they were replaced or discarded, as WWII broke out and the US became involved, the US War Board then imposed restrictions on manufacturing which included recycling old materials, mainly materials like aluminum, magnesium, steel, copper, brass, and iron for war ordnance. The dealerships and repair shops who had old starters, generators, blocks, and other parts lying around sent them all to be smelted down and the metals reused. Nobody had the hindsight back then to consider that 75-80 years from then folks would be looking to restore a vehicle from that era and would be needing those parts. In addition, it is possible some of these parts are still sitting on a shelf somewhere but no ones knows what they are or what units they went to. Good luck in your search, and let us know if you find one.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]