Re: Buford

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TOny C on November 28, 2018 at 11:17:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Buford posted by Jim on November 27, 2018 at 21:51:47:

Hydrochloric acid AKA Muriatic acid (concrete cleaner) When finished dump a box or two of baking soda in the bucket to neutralize the acid when you get rid of it. Works well for fuel tanks.

If you use vinegar get the weed killer variety 20% not the supermarket 5% variety. Garden supply houses usually have it. It is strong and will clear your nostrils.

Electrolysis has worked the best for me. Arm And Hammer Super washing SODA, not powder. I use a couple of handfuls to a couple of gallons. Mix the soda into solution first. THe soda dissolves faster if warm water is used. It's cheap and Walmart has it. THe sacrificial piece is the anode which is positive. Cathode, the negative is the crusty piece you are trying to clean. Use a low amp battery charger 3 to 6 amp. I've left it hooked up overnight with no ill effects. THe part will have to be buffed to get the black residue off when finished.

IMPORTANt!!!! DO NOT DO THIS IN THE GARAGE, BASEMENT, DEN, OR ANY ENCLOSED
STRUCTURE. HYDROGEN GAS IS PRODUCED.......A LOT.......H is extremely
explosive,

Think the Hindenburg. It shouldn't have to be stated but don't have the charger plugged in when the leads are hooked to the pieces and make sure they are secure on the pieces. Unplug the charger before you remove either lead. If you have ever seen or had a battery explode you will get an idea of just how explosive Hydrogen is, even in small amounts.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]