Re: That time of year again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 19, 2018 at 07:37:10 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: That time of year again posted by John in Mich on November 18, 2018 at 14:17:49:

I have a cousin and her family in Texas and a friend who lived there for ten years plus a few friends/members from the NTC. The funny thing is when they do get snow in Texas, it shuts down the entire town because nobody owns a snow shovel let alone a snowplow! Add too they don't know how to drive on snow. In their defense on that point, many Michiganders can't drive on snow either. The first snowfall every year produces numerous accidents as folks think they can still go 90 MPH, put their make-up on, and sip coffee at the same time. Also, many think because they have AWD or 4WD they are invincible. You have to be able to stop on ice -doesn't matter if 4WD or 100WD. I use to get a chuckle back when I worked at Valenite/MODCO TOOLS. It was a 45 mile drive for me to Detroit. There were a few fellas with their big shiny RAMS or Silverados who were ALWAYS the first ones to bug out early from work when a storm was coming. I worked my entire shift, knew it would be a long, slow drive home in my FORD F-250 4 x 4, so was always prepared. The city areas especially the rich Oakland County towns, would have their roads plowed at first flake drop. Once out of the city areas, the rural roads were not plowed -sometimes for days -so you had to be patient and alert. An hour drive in normal circumstances easily would turn into 3-4 hour endeavors. I use to joke to folks that my county had one snow plow truck and only one guy who drove it but always went to Florida for the winter! It wasn't far from the truth. BE SAFE WHENDRIVING!

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]