AFTERMARKET PARTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 20, 2018 at 04:28:16 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Found an odd distributor posted by Farmer Dan on October 18, 2018 at 15:31:09:

Last night I was looking on fleabay at front mount distributors and observed these interesting things. Most new aftermarket units appear to be made by the same manufacturer. I base this on the way the bases are casted and finer points like the vent plugs being pressed in and the breaker plates all look the same with the exact same parts. That's not a surprise as there are probably not a lot of suppliers because the market doesn't justify a lot of competition. What I found interesting is the price range of these units is all over the map. I saw units listed at $79 all the way up to $250 -all for the identical part! Further observation was that one of the prominent "reliable" aftermarket on-line parts sellers has a base only, no guts or anything else listed at $150 and the same seller has a complete unit with cap listed at $109!!! Why would anyone deal with them? I'm just saying, if you HAVE to buy a new aftermarket part, do business with one of the better suppliers like Just8Ns. Dan recently discovered that they make and sell the distributor coil contact screw, p/n 91A-12159 EXACTLY like the original if you are looking for one.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]