Re: what I learned about antifreeze

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 13, 2018 at 06:35:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: what I learned about antifreeze posted by ButtonRock on October 13, 2018 at 03:29:35:

Are you flushing the entire system or just draining old ant-freeze and replacing with new? The PH factor may or may not be true but know too that salesmen will say anything to get you to buy their product. Charles Sorenson, Ford's RH man adviser for forty years, despised Harry Ferguson and once said, "...had I foreseen the consequences of that meeting [with Ferguson] I would have avoided it!" Sorenson also said, "Harry Ferguson could sell you the birds off the trees". Sorenson's opinion of Ferguson was that he wasn't schooled in engineering, but was simply a shrewd businessman. Ferguson held patents on the 9N tractor, foremost was the 3-PT Draft Control System in his name despite the fact that he was not the inventor. The 3-PT Draft Control Hydraulic System was the invention of Ferguson's real engineers, Archie Greer, Willie Sands, and John Chambers. Ferguson merely applied for the patent (and several other 9N parts)on the draft control system because Henry Ford didn't believe in patents and despised lawyers even more ever since his lawsuit (which Ford won) regarding the Selmer Patent over his Model T automobile. FORD engineers designed much of the 9N tractor and the patents went to Ferguson despite this.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]