Re: my 8n

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 11, 2018 at 04:35:03 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: my 8n posted by Tim Lalonde on October 10, 2018 at 20:50:43:

Welcome aboard the NTC, Tim. You’re going to have fun. You’ll find a ton of good information in our HOW-TO’s; MANUALS; HISTORY; and regular N-BOARD forums. If you don’t already have the essential manuals, and especially if you are new to Ford Tractors, it is a good idea to get them. You’ll need to know if your tractor has a front mount distributor (used from ’47 thru early ’50) or the angle mount distributor; if the electrical system is still OEM 6V/POS GRN or has been switched over to 12V/NEG GRN, but either way it must be wired correctly in order to start and function correctly. SAFETY is important as with any other machine operation. You will want to know the do’s and don’ts of operating your tractor safely, it’s capacities, and preventative maintenance. Ask questions on the Board and search the archives to find previous posts to questions that have certainly been asked before. The original 8N Operator’s Manual, the I&T F-04 Manual, and the ’39-’53 MPC (Master Parts Catalogue) are valuable tools to have in your shop, coffee table, and bedside stand. Read them religiously. These Fords were designed so most major components could be rebuilt over and over. They last forever and are much better than anything sold new/aftermarket today. Feel free to tell us more about yourself - your location (state is fine), how you got interested in old Fords, and what your plans are with the 8N. See ya ‘round…

FORD 8N TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR/PARTS/SERVICE MANUALS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]