Re: 2N Hydraulic Problem LOCATED

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 06, 2018 at 09:09:30 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 2N Hydraulic Problem LOCATED posted by Jack - Iowa on October 06, 2018 at 08:15:37:

Hi Jack-
I've done hydraulics on a few tractors by myself and lifting the top cover on and off by yourself is not easy. I won't do it again without help that's for sure. Having a helper is best done too when dropping the pump and reconnecting the linkages. Yeah, later parts catalogs will list the current p/n. You see many 9N/2N parts listed on ebay as being also for the 8N, but that just ain't true. Sellers either don't know, or think by listing all 3 will cover the bases when folks do a search. An 8N hydraulic top cover isn't going to work on a 9N/2N pump and system for instance. Why not get your nephew to help lift it and haul it? Like I said, it's going to be a lot easier to just replace the entire cover than trying to pull the arm off and replace it alone. replace cylinder and piston, clean pump, and get helpers to reinstall. That's what I would do. Your tact, do what you feel is right. I still would like to know how the arm broke as well. You're not under oath, so not required to answer, but I'm sure a few more out there are curious too.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]