Re: Engine smokes during warmup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 2NTony on September 11, 2018 at 09:03:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Engine smokes during warmup posted by 2NTony on September 10, 2018 at 15:00:05:

To answer the questions about why not a full rebuild when I had the bearings replaced and the oil pump rebuilt. In hindsight it would have made sense. It was never mentioned to me because 1.)the compression test numbers were excellent, dry 115 to 128. 2.) it went in for loss of oil pressure and a pump rebuild. 3.) They kept it from April to July and it came back to me two different times with no oil pressure after warm up. Come to find out they thought the bearings looked OK and never miched them. At my insistence, they finally found I needed bearings and a crank grind too. All told, I had more in the lower-end rebuild than I did in the tractor. In the end, I was as tired of borrowing my brother in laws mower. as he was in loaning it to me.
I told them to just button it up, and give it back. In retrospect, I should have redone the rings, pistons, and valves. In retrospect, I should have just knocked it in the head and bought a better tractor. All I can say to you who second guess me is hindsight is 20/20. In the heat of the moment, "excrement occurs".
Live and learn, Tony

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]