Re: PAINT CODE -THOUSAND SERIES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 04, 2018 at 05:27:47 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: PAINT CODE -THOUSAND SERIES posted by SelectOSpeed on September 01, 2018 at 11:15:55:

I was at a TSC the other day, why, I don't know, oh yeah, I was comparison shopping for 12V batteries. I looked at their paint shelf and only found 1 quart of the RUSTOLEUM FORD BLUE you mention. No paint code listed but I suspect it is the M1J-1639-SE, or, 9613386DS shade. I've since discovered I want the FORD Equipment Dark Blue, MX700790. HOBO provided info on possible suppliers -NAPA with a Martin-Seynor brand for one.

Ford code MX700790 - blue
This blue automotive paint color is most commonly known as Equipment Dark Blue. We don't have a definite year of paint use, but has been used primarily by Ford. We have records of this color appearing only on the Ford Tractor. See the detailed list below.

Ford paint manufacturing codes come in two forms, the short 1 to 3 digit model/year code which changes frequently and the longer 4 digit code which starts with the letters "M", "WT", or "MX70x". M are production paints, WT and MX are commercial or special order. These longer codes don't change over the years for a particular paint formulation; therefore, it is the best code to track the usage of Ford paint.

MX codes were called "126 Ford Fleet Colors", were special order, and in many cases they originally came from other manufacturers due to their popularity.

Example of the color Ford MX700790

See more information on Ford code MX700790

Usage list of Ford paint code MX700790 (more information)
year make model code paint name comment
Ford Tractor WT8096 Equipment Dark Blue

Paint Manufacturer Codes
PPG/Ditzler : 12908
Dupont : 29509
Acme/Rogers : 17389
Martin Senour : 10172
Sherwin Williams : J5-1837
RM/BASF : 705777

back to PaintRef.com homepage

TPD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]