Re: Bout to set this thing on fire!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on August 02, 2018 at 08:56:17 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Bout to set this thing on fire! posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 01, 2018 at 04:05:45:

Tim,
You wrote:

"Jeff, understand that Yesterdays Tractors is not a part manufacturer nor a supplier, per say. What they sell you are parts supplied by a handful of part suppliers who donate to their site as sponsors."

This is simply Not true!

I had never heard of this so I sent it to Miss Kim, owner of Yesterdays Tractors.
This is her reply.

Hello Jerry, thanks for asking.. YT has zero site sponsors and hasn’t for more than 20 years. We have a very simple business - we purchase parts wholesale and keep overhead low so we can sell them with the smallest markup possible. If we had sponsors we’d have to cater to them, our desire is to only cater to our own integrity and love of tractors. Chris has at least 10 in the barn lined up to restore - he and my son are currently restoring an Allis D10 Series III for me.

Chris and I take care of all the technical / programming / systems analysis / servers / network, etc personally as well as keep watch over the community and content of our main site. This saves the company a tremendous amount as we don’t have to outsource this as many other companies do. This allows us to keep our prices low.

So I guess Chris and I are the site sponsors but it’s our passion and we don’t think of it as “work”.

Thanks for writing,
Kim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]