Re: 9n Distributor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 29, 2018 at 04:21:35 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 9n Distributor posted by David on July 28, 2018 at 15:13:19:

6.27 volts sounds like battery voltage. Ya'll gotta buncha cobbled-up wiring for sure. The 9N/2N starter used no solenoid. There is only one wire to it and it feeds to the push button starter switch on one side and the other side terminal on that switch feeds to the cutout BAT terminal where the NEG battery cable wire also connects to. SEE the electrical diagram in my other post. If you have a solenoid on the starter it is an 8N starter so it would have 3 wire connection posts on the solenoid. Which wires are connected to the solenoid and where do those wires go? Just a suggestion here, why not think about getting the correct 1-wire/3-brush generator and correct 9N 1-wire starter and start over? Get the wiring all corrected then your problems/worries may be over. I don't think your distributor is the problem; it should be fine and the condenser should be fine. I don't think it ever received any voltage to do any damage -just my opinion. Here's an 8N starter. Note the solenoid has 3 posts. How is your 9N wired? Details on which wires are connected to which post and where those wires go to is important.

8N11001 STARTER & SOLENOID:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]