In Reply to: Oil pressure and tune up posted by Theo Morris on July 25, 2018 at 15:24:22:
You have an 80 year old tractor; you need the manuals. See tip # 39.
Your best source for parts is Just8N's.
Quick answers to the top 10 asked questions from a new N tractor owner:
1. What year is my tractor? See tip # 71
2. What hydraulic fluid should I use? See tips 3 & 4.
3. Do I need to use hi-test gas or an additive? See tip # 5
4. What engine oil should I use? See tip # 6
5. My tractor won’t start. See tip # 13
6. Can I jump start my 6 volt tractor with a 12 volt battery? See tip # 43
7. I think my tractor needs an in-line gas filter. See tips 15, 45 & 56
8. When I turn my tractor off the lift arms drop. See tip # 16
9. My tractor is overheating. See tip # 24
10. What is the little lever under the seat on my 8N do? See tip # 58
Point gap is .015; see tips 66, 67 & 68.
Plug gap is .025; see tip # 7.
When the engine is at operating temp & idle, 5 lbs of oil pressure is fine; at 3/4 throttle, you should see 30 lbs.