Re: vent hole in gas tank

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 24, 2018 at 04:02:48 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: vent hole in gas tank posted by John in Mich on July 23, 2018 at 16:37:11:

I took an old 8N cap to my local CNH dealer about 10 years ago, maybe more, and a copy of the Cas Cap Exchange Service Bulletin. The counter man checked and said, yep, it was still valid. I got the new vented cap and installed it on my 8N, my working tractor. Now, back in 2016 I noticed the rubber seal around the underside was all dry rotted and peeling away and leaking gas so I took it off and put a Carpenter repop on. Here's the Service Bulletin and what the new vented cap looks like. I keep meaning to take the newer rotted cap and a copy of the Service Bulletin with me when I go to my CNH dealer, 15 miles away, but I always forget and I was just there last week. You can search the topic in the archives here as I recall, some fellas reported their CNH dealers would not honor the exchange program, and/or told them it was no longer in effect, yet others reported the opposite. It is my opinion some CNH dealers just didn't want to muck around with it and besides, it seems to me the cap retailed for like $50 so a cash sale would not be made.

FORD TRACTOR GAS CAP EXCHANGE SERVICE BULLETIN:

FORD TRACTOR ORIGINAL N-SERIES GAS CAP & NEW, VENTED GAS CAP:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]