This one was all me.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry on July 22, 2018 at 16:15:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

I have worked on cars and trucks all my life. One thing I've done frequently is drop an oil pan, so I had no doubts about dropping the one on my 8N, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would be that different.
So realizing my mistake 1 bolt away from dropping the front end of the tractor on my head. I stopped and blocked up the tractor and started a little research. I found plenty of descriptions of how to do it but not a single video.
Looking at what I had to do and where the tractor was parked I decided to put it all back together and move it to a better surface.
I have also decided since apparently there is no video example of this I will document the procedure for others in my shoes.
So it's back together and sitting on the concrete of my wood shed and next weekend, when I have some extra hands from my sons I will take it apart and repair the oil pump and make a video of the whole process.
If any of you have constructive advice I would very much appreciate any and all information. This will be my first time pulling this or any tractor this far down. I'm also going to inspect the cylinders and replace many of the gaskets in the engine as I ordered a complete set of gaskets instead of just the oil pan gasket.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]