Appearances

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry on July 20, 2018 at 15:21:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

This is in response to the Horrible, No Good, Rotten Day post

Let me try to clear this up once and for all. The oil in the tractor was fine. The oil pump ate itself spectacularly. Upon further thought and research I believe what happened is after I changed the oil and filter some piece of gunk that broke free in the new oil stopped the pressure relief from working correctly, I already told you that the oil pressure was running high since the oil change. I am going to tear it apart this weekend, I have ordered the rebuild kit for the pump. I will post pictures.

The Bush Hog, YES I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT EARLIER AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY SAID. The Gearbox is intact and still spinning freely. I am going to inspect bearings and replace them if required and put new seals on them as soon as I get the tractor operational again.

Now, I have admitted my short comings from the beginning I even stated I'm not mad at the seller although it would have been polite of him to inform me of any known issues with the machine when I was looking at it or at least after I bought it. I would have bought it anyway for the price.

I have always viewed this website as a deep resource for knowledge on my new passion. I have respected everyone's opinion and thanked them for providing information I requested and passed along information as I obtained it. To belittle me for a mistake I admitted to as well as one I didn't make on this page is deeply hurtful. I thought we were all grown ups here sharing information and resources for a shared passion. Unlike some of you I bought my tractor to use it to maintain my property. I have plans to rebuild it completely as I can but right now it is a tool that I can't afford to be without long enough to do that at the moment so I am making repairs as required and performing normal maintenance at regular intervals. The problem being on something this old when I repair something it often reveals a weak spot somewhere else. This is what I believe happened with the oil pump, suddenly getting oil and filter changes loosened up years of crud and neglect.

So kick me out if you want but I really am disappointed in the treatment I received from some of you on this post.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]