Re: Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jerry on July 16, 2018 at 08:58:11 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. posted by Bruce(OR) on July 15, 2018 at 16:16:49:

Man, everybody wants to jump down my throat about not doing maintenance. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly. I have been great about checking the oil in the tractor since I bought it. I just recently (less than 10 hours of operation) did a complete oil and filter change.

The bush hog. When I first got it home I admit I didn't check the oil in my excitement to get it running. I ran it a short time. I was getting ready to mow my son's field and I checked the oil. I added 90W to the gearbox until I could see it about 1/2 way up the horizontal shaft. What I didn't see was that it was leaking around the vertical shaft and down to the spline coupling on the stump jumper. The previous owner must have taken it apart and realized he didn't want to work on it that bad put it back together and listed it on craigslist. Yeah, it sucks He didn't tell me about it and it sucks that I didn't do a complete tear down of it before I used it to find all the problems. But I only paid $100 for it, A new spline for the stump jumper is $28.?? Even if the gear box is complete toast (it still rotates free and smooth) That's $150. So for $280 I have a bush hog. Try to find one for that price anywhere in middle Tennessee. I'm not mad at the seller, disappointed a little maybe but I still think I got a good deal.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]