Re: Carburetor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 13, 2018 at 05:09:30 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Carburetor posted by K.LaRue-VA on July 12, 2018 at 10:06:53:

Kebby-
Yes, I always forget about the fuel tank vent. It should be added to the fuel flow test procedure. Though N systems cannot develop a vacuum lock, they can get vapor lock. The vent hole can be cleared if the tank is completely removed from the hood (the tank is fastened to the hood) however, as quick and simple a job as that is, the project is extremely time consuming as several components need t be removed before the hood can be pulled off, including draining the tank. This feature is one of the hiccups in the Ford N design. A plugged vent is often equated with the gas boiling in the tank once it gets hot. That debate is continuous. Vented gas caps are available -Ford Service Bulletin Gas Cap Exchange Program and new types at Red Rock Mfg. The odds of hitting the vent hole with a wire are about a million to one. I have reached in with my long extended air gun stem in hopes of clearing it, but it is a crap shoot as well. I also have drained my tank with a special fuel line attached to the bulb outlet port, then reached in with the air gun and blow out the inside. Again, a crap shoot to remove any debris. Then I've inserted a old wet vac I devised to suck out any loose gunk -it works but no way gets it all out.

FORD N-SERIES TRACTOR FUEL TANK & VENT:

FORD TRACTOR GAS CAP EXCHANGE PROGRAM*:

*NOTE: This program may no longer be valid. Check your local CNH dealer.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]