Re: Guess What I'm Doing Today?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 28, 2018 at 05:06:57 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Guess What I'm Doing Today? posted by Farmer Dan on June 27, 2018 at 11:08:47:

"SILLY"??? That is an original MEPPS spinner I've had since my teens. It has caught a lot of browns, brookies, and rainbows over the years. I once caught a 17" Brown Trout on the Au Sable River with it. It works well too for ice fishing. The key is to slip a small minnow on the end. Now, back when I was a kid, my brother and I would read DC and MARVEL comic books -BATMAN SUPERMAN, et al. They always had the frontispiece of the comic with a huge ad for many silly items you could send away for. They offered 'X-RAY GLASSES','SEA MONKEYS' -JUST ADD WATER", and such. One ad was for the MEPPS Company. They offered to pay for squirrel tails and pheasant feathers (to make their spinner baits with and would pay for them. One summer, my brother and I went around finding dead squirrels and cutting off their tails. We had collected about 3 dozen by the end of summer. We sent them in expecting to become rich. A few weeks later we get a check for like $3. What a letdown for a 12-year old kid. I had bought one of those pairs of X-RAY glasses one time too. I took them to school one day. When I got busted with them by a nun during class, I had to explain what they were. How embarrassing to tell the entire they were 'X-RAY glasses'. Of course they weren't -no such thing.
Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]