Re: Transmission oil

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 12, 2018 at 10:59:17 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Transmission oil posted by r geiger on June 12, 2018 at 08:56:37:

Are we going start yet another thread on hydraulic oil? There is plenty of discussion in the archived pages here. I will say this, I've used the NH 134D oil -no longer made/sold by the way, and have been using the cheap TSC stuff for the past 10 years with no issues. I live in Michigan where winters get cold and bitter for weeks on end. I've plowed plenty of snow with my 8N. I've had my 8N parked outside some of those years too, only tarped over. My 8N is still 6V/POS GRN, and guess what? I NEVER had any issues with it starting or with the hydraulics being sluggish or failing using one or the other of those SAE 90 oils. Why? I always let the tractor warm up before putting her to work. The original Operator Manual specs also say to use SAE 30 engine oil for temps above 90F; 20W for temps between 30F and 90F; and 10W in temps between -10F and +10F. How many really do that too? I use plain 10W-30 detergent oil in my engine, but don't get going on that subject. You can do whatever you want -its your tractor and your $$$, but I am not, nor do see need to do so, changing the oils out every time the weather temps change. A guy would go broke here for one thing as temps can vary from 80F one day to 30 F the next. End of my discussion on this topic...your mileage may vary...

ANOTHER CHOICE, SAME STUFF, MAY BE A BIT CHEAPER:

OLD NEW HOLLAND MC134d OIL -NO LONGER AVAILABLE:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]