Re: Vacuum?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rusty 2N on May 25, 2018 at 21:54:57 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Vacuum? posted by Tony C on May 25, 2018 at 16:34:33:

I got this tractor a couple years back. Never been able to get it to idle or run smooth. Life didn't let me do much more than keep it running good enough to keep the snow off driveway and spray weeds maybe. Life changed a bit and I knew the dist needed a serious looking at. That led to a dist rebuild. Seen that coming. Does perform better after that. But still rough but better up and down the throttle. Got lucky and got the plug out of vacuum port and hooked up a vacuum tester. Needle bounces all over the place between 10 -15 hg. Have 2 carbs I been swapping back and forth with and decided to make the 241 the keeper. Did that. Posted on Bruces post.
Wireing harnes and all the electrical is only a couple years old. Purchased from Just 8n's so all good there.
I do have a close to new manifold and gaskets so considering swapping. The one on it now looks to be original. Same orange paint as the rest of the tractor. Was a city parks dept rig for it's first career. Still has the number 24 on the dog legs!
Sister showed up and I went to town for some food and parts and not wanting to do much more than recuperate from that insane endeavour!!! Boy, was Walmart in all it's glory today!!!
Well thats the story so far tonight. I will eventually get this girl going. Rusty

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]