Re: Mighty Mac crossing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 17, 2018 at 17:59:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Mighty Mac crossing posted by Tony C on May 17, 2018 at 08:14:40:

I’m a troll now, but my late father was born and raised in Calumet so we’d go visit grandma every summer. One year, ’72 or ’73 we got up to go to the 4th of July parade in town and it was cold and raining. Then it turned to snow! Really. It didn’t accumulate anything but sure was a novelty. I have no more relatives there since my aunt died last winter but we go up there every other summer and heading up this June. I also met my wife at McClain State Park. Proposed on top of Brockway Mountain. Awesome view of Lake Superior. The sun doesn’t set until after 11 PM. One of the best pasty shops in the UP is in the neighboring town of Laurium at TONY’S. Also, Laurium is the birthplace of George Gipp. They have a memorial to him on a street corner there. IN 1990 me and my B-I-L were coming back from a deer hunting trip to the Porcupine Mountains in late November. We were in a horrible rain/sleet/ice/ and snow storm. They were getting ready to close the bridge as high winds were also prevalent. I was in my Chevy Truck and we were the last ones allowed to cross that day only because there was a semi truck in front of us and they said he would block a lot of the wind. Uh-huh, sure.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]