Re: trailering a Jubilee

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on April 24, 2018 at 08:30:54 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: trailering a Jubilee posted by Larry on April 23, 2018 at 23:27:59:

Since I don't own a trailer or truck big enough to haul a tractor, I looked into renting a truck and trailer. It was much less expensive to rent an enclosed moving van. I didn't tell them what I was planning to move. It was easy to get a truck rated for the load, and no problem getting the tractor in there with a decent set of ramps. It was a little more difficult to get enough tie downs on it, so I was confident it wouldn't move (unless I rolled the truck). No way did I want the tractor to join me in the cab if I had to hit the brakes. A tarp went under to catch any drips the next renter would not want on their sofa cushions. That trip worked out perfectly ok for me with no additional adventure. Later, I found at least three (insured) local transfer companies that would have gone and fetched it for me for about the same money, and saved me a day off from work. The last time I moved one locally was to get the Ford 3000 home. I called the local towing company (Rolling Wheel). They got it on a rollback, and dropped it at the house. It was there when I got home. Convenient, and a lot less money than upgrading my Malibu to a big truck and trailer.

It is hard for me to justify the cost of ownership for a big truck and trailer. Plus, when I did have a truck, everyone expected me to be there with my truck and trailer on moving-day. In the last few years, a few have asked if I would turn their garden, do some landscaping, or excavating. So far, none have been willing to pay the round-trip freight to get my equipment to their job.

KL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]