How did my governor balls get rusty?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on March 07, 2018 at 07:44:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

So the 9N now purrs like a kitten and starts immediately after tuneup kit, overhauled distributer, new 12V coil, new battery, rebuilt carb, and a complete rewiring...was hoping that would be enough, but it still accelerated quickly from idle to high rpm with no binding on the throttle/governor/carb linkage...soooo we took the governor completely apart and much to our surprise it was rusty...very rusty inside. The balls had no way of turning...another Just8N order for a new governor was placed! As I wait for the new governor I'm wondering if anyone has seen a rusty governor before and what would likely be the cause? I'm thinking sitting outside for decades with condensation attacking it a little at a time. As the tractor is new to me I don't know it's history...I do know I'm learning a lot about the 9N and very much enjoying restoring a piece of history. Thanks for all the help you guys provide. Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]