Re: 9N left brake to right wide kit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in MIch on March 03, 2018 at 10:54:04 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 9N left brake to right wide kit posted by Mark on March 03, 2018 at 09:21:36:

Hi Mark,
I have a 1947 2N that I bought years ago that has a "farmerized" conversion of the left brake control moved to the right side like the 8Ns and later. I suspect it was after the 8Ns were introduced and it was easier for a PO to modify his tractor than to buy a new one. (just guessing)
He took the left pedal off the left brake shaft, flipped it over and fastened it to the right brake shaft outboard like an 8N. Unfortunately, the bend in the pedal to keep your foot from sliding off is upside down.
The right pedal is cut off and welded to a shaft that goes through the transmission case clutch area just under the transmission input shaft and behind the clutch shaft. Then using, what looks like to me are some large engine valve rocker arms, he made levers and a linkage to the left brake shaft.
My e-mail is open. If you send me your e-mail address I will send you some pictures of what he did. It is a bit crude but it works. ps Ignore the Ferguson foot boards that I have on this tractor.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]