Re: 8N hydraulics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 21, 2018 at 07:26:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 8N hydraulics posted by jeff walker on February 19, 2018 at 22:24:22:

Did you install a new safety relief valve? What type of oil did you use and how much? Did you check the level after refilling? When the lift is fully raised without a load and the tractor shut down, can you push the lift arms down? Try it in both DRAFT control and POSITION control. Raising and lowering the lift several times and running the tractor around, may the get oil circulated more. Then try raising the lift without a load and remove inspection covers to see if any leaks are present from cylinder after raised and shut down. See if will raise a load then repeat. I'm not a fan of honing an old cylinder; I've never seen it do any good. The hydraulic system repair isn't difficult, just time consuming and removing the top cover is not a job to be done by yourself, though I have done it many times, yet recommend you get help. I now suggest replacing the cylinder, piston, O-ring, and backup washer/wiper with new parts since the top cover is already off.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]