Additionally...Options & Clearances

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 21, 2018 at 06:40:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Front tire size for a 53 GJ posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 21, 2018 at 05:36:42:

I should also mention that the 16" front wheels and tires were optional equipment for the 8N, recommended to use when adding a FEL for better front end stability. Sizes available were 5.50 x 16; 6.00 x 16; and 6.5 x 16. It wasn't until the Hundred Series Models were released that the 16" fronts were OEM standard, listed as 5.50 x 16 for the 600; and 6.00 x 16 for the 800 models. I'd caution about clearances between the front tire and the radius rods and drag links. I don't know about the NAA or Hundred Series models, but on my 8N with the 6.00 x 16 Guide Grips, when steering is fully turned to one side, I have maybe a 1/2" clearance before it hits the drag links. Many fellas put old car or truck tires on their fronts, could be why we see some drag links and radius rods bent up. Just something to think about...

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]