Carb advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on February 15, 2018 at 09:26:26 [URL] [DELETE] :

You all have been so helpful I'm back to get your opinion on what to do with the carb I found on my 9N. I took off the Marvel Schebler carb and the only ID marks are a G stamped on the side by the fuel inlet, a 21 by the larger adjustment screw, a 6 on the bottom of the inlet, and on the bottom of the fuel bowl is a 10A 555. It looks like the carb in the pictures of how to rebuild N carbs. One site shows G series carbs produced from 1909-1921, but there's no pictures. Steiner shows an early N carb that looks like mine with a G on the carb, but it also has the Marvel Schebler words on the bottom half of the carb and mine does not.

The carb definitely needs a thorough cleaning as the needle wouldn't drop out and the brass floats were tarnished...although they cleaned up real good and passed the float test. I'm trying to decide whether to go buy a gallon of carb cleaner to soak it in, get a carb rebuild kit for an early N and go to work, or just buy a new carb for $89 off Amazon, or get a rebuilt or rebuildable TSX-33 carb so I know what I'm dealing with.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Just wondering your experience/thoughts/advice. The tractor is to be used on a small hay farm to tedder, pull a NH rake, and for shredding.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]