Re: Bibb front hubs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 13, 2018 at 06:24:54 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Bibb front hubs posted by Steve Dabrowski on February 12, 2018 at 19:36:10:

Steve-
From my old memory banks, I seem to remember that the front wheel hubs originally had some machining issues. On the hubs in my pictures, note the two cast square nubs on the outside of the casting 180° apart. Those are drive dogs to secure the workpiece from spinning when machining. There is a date code tag cast on them but unclear/unreadable as I recall. In the photo I mentioned of the early 9N prototype, from winter of 1938--1939, the stockpile of front wheel castings in the background have no drive dogs. My take is they are just piled up to be scrapped out because if they were good castings ready to be machined, they wouldn't be just tossed into a pile like that; they'd be stacked neatly on pallets or carts. My July, 1947 MPC lists the 9N-1015-A assembly; the 9N-1015-C assembly which was the steel wheel; and the 8N-1015 assembly. There is no 9N-1015-B assembly listed in any of the MPC's so we don't know what happened to it. There were no MPC's printed during the war years, '43, '44', and '45. Only the Moto-Tug MPC was printed but they used different wheels altogether. In the meantime, I found my BUDD WHEEL 9N hub pictures. I took these to Jason Grooms a few years back and let him have them. I'm leaning with you on the BUDD's being supplied for the 2N, probably in 1943.

FORD 9N FRONT WHEEL/HUB – BUDD WHEEL:
9N-1015 Assy –front- 11.25” bolt hole pattern.
9N-1103-A; Wheel Hub Casting
9N-1104-A; Wheel Hub Assy.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]