Here We Go Again...Aluminum Hood

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 28, 2018 at 12:26:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

This has been advertised before, but once again another early 9N with aluminum hood is up on fleabay now. Listed as s/n 9N-364, once owned and restored by the late Palmer Fossum, it is the most complete original 9N I've seen. I think it has the correct, early 9N-10000-A small generator, I can't tell for sure, but does NOT have the correct 9N-10505 Voltage Regulator that it used. I see a round-can cutout which would be correct with the one-wire/three brush 9N-10000-B generator. It also has a Donaldson Air Cleaner, but is using the Ford/United blue decal. The Donaldson decal is different, two pieces, and yellow and black. I do see the correct brass sediment bowl, rarity on any early 9N, and numerous other early 9N parts too like the muffler shield. The early 6-Loop rear rims also are a rarity. 9N and 2N models never had OEM running boards nor 8N style bumpers. The dash gauges are not original. It would have had the early 20/20 Ammeter. The horizontal bar aluminum grille is most likely the newer repop, but that's OK. Ditto with the 4-spoke steering wheel. Both of those items are rare as hens teeth to find and have so he repops are okay with me. Oh, you'll need at least $50K to own this one. Usual disclaimer -I have no connection to the seller.

EARLY 9N-10505 VOLTAGE REGULATOR; only used with the first small 9N-A generator:

EARLY 9N 20/20 AMMETER; used up thru s/n 4000 or so:

EARLY 9N/2N BRASS SEDIMENT BULB ASSEMBLY:

EARLY 9N 6-LOOP 32 REAR RIMS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]