Re: Electronic ignition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 02, 2018 at 07:07:39 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Electronic ignition posted by Farmer Dan on January 01, 2018 at 17:14:38:

Yeah, me neither Dan, since I've never mucked with one B4. Pertronix webs site for Ignitor module says: 6-Volt NEG ground, and 6 & 12 volt positive ground modules available. SEE LINK below. As I have said in the past and will continue to state, most problems with 12-volt conversions are due to faulty/incorrect wiring issues. I don't totally oppose 12-volt conversions if done for the right reasons, and many are not, done simply because the original 6V/Positive Ground system has never been maintained properly, non-starting issues occur, and the 'solution' was to slap a 12-volt battery in place. I recently helped a fella with his '12-volt conversion' 8N and found he had a 12-volt battery connected positive ground; a 3-wire alternator wired incorrectly; a 12-volt car voltage regulator; and all wired to an automotive switch bypassing the safety neutral starter switch and with his lights tied in to it too. No wonder he couldn't start it. Oh, and I better also mention this setup was done by an 'old retired auto mechanic'. I guess it will never cease to amaze me the endless possibilities of hackmaster wiring setups.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]