Re: Thoughts on price trends

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 22, 2017 at 05:44:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Thoughts on price trends posted by Tom on November 21, 2017 at 21:18:34:

It's not just Ford Tractors but all vintage models today are low in value here in Michigan and elsewhere. A 9N; 2N; or 8N average around $1800 running decent. Ten, fifteen, twenty years ago they averaged about double that. We're talking an average model, not an early 1939 9N or early 1947(8) 8N. Sometimes you can get a good deal as the seller throws in a plow or back blade or mush hog or all of the above. Even the collectors are struggling now -just look at the early 9Ns for sale. I have a friend who buys and sells vintage tractors and equipment. He can't explain the trend now. Vintage implements like Dearborn seem to carry very ridiculously high prices on fleabay and I don't see anyone buying them at those prices. Deals can be found if you have the patience. Years ago there was rumor some buyer was scarfing up all the N's and equipment and exporting them down to South America for resale and where they desperately needed farm equipment. N's are perfect for the hobby farmer, newly transplanted retired city dwellers who've moved out to the country and need something to mow and plow snow with that is larger than a riding mower. They are all over my area and state. You can't throw a rock around here without hitting a vintage Ford tractor. That's the awe in these machines too -they last forever. So many are still in the field working. Many owners have their N's and also newer models like JD, M-F, New Holland, or Kubotas. For the extra $$$ today, I'd get something better than an N for a working tractor if I were shopping vintage Ford. The Hundred Series and Thousand Series can't be beat and for what N's use to sell for they can be had for about the same price. Live PTO, Power Steering, and more HP engines are well worth the price in my opinion.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]