49 distributor SNAFU

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 49er swGA on October 23, 2017 at 20:46:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

As I was checking timing and points setting on "Pearl" our 49, I found some disheartening things...
As I put the feeler gauge in the points opening, I noticed the contact moved...
The one on the mounted points plate had the "little bitty round dot" contact bradded in, but NOT very well...
SO I went to remove the points...
When I did, I found the "Post" which holds the moveable point contact and spring assembly was also bradded to the (Bonified)"Breaker Plate" (#9) which holds the points (#10)...Which in turn doesn`t allow me to remove the points???
I had replaced this Breaker plate some time ago with decent results in a better running tractor...
I don`t remember IF FORD/NH or TSC was the Vendor, but Prolly was TSC...
SO ==>
Word to the Wise from MY experience here, DO NOT buy that cheap Chinese JUNK!!!
I KNOW==>
Y`all warned me too :)

So, now I`m in the market for a GOOD Breaker(#9) Plate for Pearl...
Where do our Gurus suggest I purchase this???

Page 2)
I also found the bushing on the distributor housing, worn enough to allow some play...
There are two oil holes in the housing to allow oil to lube the cam...
BUT?HOWEVER...
There is nothing which will allow oil to the "Cam" which has spiral slashes to move oil to lube it...

Is this bushing available?
It`s not listed in the parts list
I think I wanna replace the bushing...
Again? Where are Y`all getting your parts??
I want GOOD parts this time ;)
Thanks for putting up with me,
Dennis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]