Re: 2N charging system (again!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Frysingerf on October 11, 2017 at 08:22:30 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 2N charging system (again!) posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 11, 2017 at 05:25:10:

>OKAY, we're getting there. Often times fellas crank the 3rd Brush screw up to 'HIGH'
>when charging issues arise but that can cause overcharging. Mark its position
>before turning it down to 'LOW'.

Roger that.

>It (battery) is connected as a positive ground system, right?

Yep, positive 6 volt.

>Just to get a clear picture of what we’re dealing with, the pictures here show an
>original Induction/Loop style AMMETER on an early 8N. Note the Large Yellow #12ga
>wire feeding from the Ballast Resistor center post thru the ‘loop’ on the gauge,
>then to the Voltage Regulator BAT terminal.

I definitely don't have the loop. Mine has two screw connectors with separate wires on each.

>Also shown is an original 9N-10000-C generator with the Belt Tensioning Kit
>Assembly installed. The kits were available for the 9N-C generators but when the
>2N-10000 generator was released, it was now part of the unit having a bracket
>bolted on the barrel, no need for the band –see picture. The band kit will not fit
>the early 9N-A nor 9N-B generators as their barrels have a smaller diameter. I’m
>not saying you must have this original tensioning bracket/kit, many farmers
>designed their own, but without some sort of tensioning device, the generator will
>not hold the proper belt tension simply with the generator mounting/pivot bolt. So,
>you say you do have a tensioning bracket so we can eliminate that from the
>equation.

Yep, I have a band mount tensioner exactly as in that photo. It fit the new genny fine.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]