Re: starter flywheel problem.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tinkerer60 on September 27, 2017 at 11:28:00 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: starter flywheel problem. posted by Tinkerer60 on September 25, 2017 at 15:02:47:

Thank you one and all for your response and positive input. It has been said that I should find the problem before I start throwing parts at the proble. Let me make one thing embarrassingly clear. This is my first tractor I have ever worked on. That said and not knowing at the start I could get a manual for it from the net...well let's say there was a learning curve. The carb replacement was when I thought it would be okay to blow air through the carb using my air compressor. The carb started just leaking like crazy after that. I purchased a rebuild kit. However, I could find no pictures of the delicate inside gaskets for the fittings. So I was not successful in rebuilding the carb thus a new one. First starter replacement was because I didn't know the bendix could be changed without buying a new starter. I replaced the coil, points plugs and all of the wiring. This was because the gear in the distributor was broken. I was really not expecting that. However, I thought this would be a great time to update the ignition wiring. So, as you can see most of the problems over the last year has been because of my blundering around. My tractor is a 1950 side mounted dist. with a 12 volt conversion and a front loader.

Again thank you all for your interest in helping me continue to get what was a really dependable tractor (Until I the bonehead started wrenching on it under my shade tree) running again.
Tinkerer60

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]