Re: tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 22, 2017 at 07:31:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: tires posted by jim pillow on August 21, 2017 at 23:16:38:

Many of us use Miller Tire like Kirk suggested and I have never had any issues with them. I get the tires shipped directly to my local Firestone/Bridgestone tire dealer as I use them for mounting. This is also the best way to ship because it is cheaper to ship to a business rather than your home address, especially if you live in a rural zone.

While waiting for delivery, as mentioned, it is recommended that the wheels be inspected for internal corrosion because back in the day, Calcium Chloride was the most used form for tire ballast. It eventually will rust out the rims when it starts leaking. A typical sign is around the valve stems -rust will appear there usually first. If you have the original hat rims, and they are not cancerous, try to restore them to keep the tractor looking original. I also recommend you invest in new tubes when you get the new tires, especially if they were loaded with Ca Chl. re-using tubes that were contaminated will cause some residual remains to start the rust process all over.

It is highly suggested that since you and your son may be new to Ford N-Series Tractors, that you invest in the essential manuals for safe operating and maintenance procedures:

FORD 8N OWNER ESSENTIAL MANUALS:

Also, John Smith has a website and a section on how to ID your tractor and some history on model years -SEE LINK

TPD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]