Need advice on lempco 60 ton press.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beth and Allen on May 11, 2017 at 19:10:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

Yes I know it ain't a ford.But hope some body can give a good answer on this.As some of you already know I recently became the proud new owner of a lempco 60 ton press that doesn't work it had a lot of work done to it at a hydraulic shop then was left to set out in the weather for 2 years not covered.I haven't been able to find out what exactly was done,but the weather didn't do it any good. I've checked several web sites on parts and repairs but haven't gotten any further than that because of a BAD case of kidney stones which let to surgery. I'm finally feeling good enough to get back out and doing something. The pump seems to be seized because the reservoir got filled with water that got in to the pump.The ram seems ok,it is 5" dia with aprox. a 6" stroke.I'm thinking instead of tearing down the pump and throwing parts (money) at it why not just get an after market pump and install it.If I go that route I wonder how much of a reservoir it would need and how many lbs. pressure it needs to reach the 60 ton capacity,the pump on there now has a aprox 1/2" id line going to the top of the ram and a aprox 1/4" line coming from the bottom of the cylinder back to the reservoir. I know what the larger line is for but not the smaller line. If I go the after market pump route has any of you done this and how did it work out? Thanks and God Bless, Beth and Allen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]