Re: OT; Yard art you can use

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 08, 2017 at 15:16:24 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: OT; Yard art you can use posted by Kirk-NJ on May 08, 2017 at 05:57:13:

Yeah, I was fortunate yesterday as well. I received a call from a customer, an elderly gentleman, who wanted me to come and look at his old tractors: A 9N, an NAA; a Ferguson TO-20; a FORD 3910 made in England, and a Wheel Horse tractor. Tucked away in his woods under a shelter was a Ferguson MKO-21 Cultivator and a Ferguson Weeder. Then, up by his barn, a TOWNER Subsoiler. The cultivator was originally 11-shanks but someone hacked off the two outer most front ones and angle iron frame. I asked he if wanted to get rid of them and he said I could have them. I gave him some cash anyway. They all have the original tags too, and the TOWNER Subsoiler tag shows made in Santa Ana California -see pic. He didn't know what it was so I explained that TOWNER was a Dearborn & FORD supplier of farm equipment catering mostly to the western and southwest regions. I said it was a good collectable piece but he said I still could have it. I can't get my weeder pictures to upload to the dreaded photobucket site; it says they uploaded but don't show up in my library. Here is the cultivator and the TOWNER Subsoiler. I had a Ferguson Weeder years ago, sold it at auction, but may just use it as a parts implement since both outside wings couldn't be located . He said they were around 'in the woods somewhere'. I can use the cultivator parts on my Dearborn and other Ferguson cultivator. BTW, someone farmerized the Subsoiler with a steel tube with a cast cup attached at the top and a welded assembly at the back. The guy told me it was used as some sort of seed planter. The old saying, "...what's one man's junk is another man's treasure...' applies.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]