Re: Help with n8 in Kansas City area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 05, 2017 at 12:55:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Help with n8 in Kansas City area posted by Rob Baker on May 05, 2017 at 11:18:21:

HiYa Rob and welcome aboard! First thing is to get copies of these 3 manuals- The original or a reprint of the Operator's Manual; a copy of the I&T F-04 Manual; and a copy of the 39-53 MPC (Master Parts Catalog) and read them religiously. You can get FREE downloads of a lot of info here -look at the top red menu bar and search in MANUALS for copies of the three I just mentioned. Our HOW-TO's forum has a ton of PM projects -everything from changing oil to doing a tune-up. Our archives contain many years of saved posts of questions that have been posted before so you can always check there too if you want some quick info. You will need to know if the tractor is still the original 6-volt/positive ground electrical system or if it has been changed over to a 12-volt system. Again, HOW-TO's/Electrical/Wiring Pictograms by JMOR will show you every correct conceivable wiring configuration for every model of N-Series tractor. there are a handful of good places for quality parts and a trainload of bad places. Dennis Carpenter Reproductions is licensed by Ford to make a lot of the original parts, some with the original tooling, and every other Ford parts supplier buys from him and also sells his stuff as well as the regular TISCO line. A few of the 'good' places are: Carpenter; Just8Ns.com; STEINER TRACTOR; Grand Valley Tractor; and George Bradish Tractor Parts -these are just handful of places I've dealt with, there may be a few others. You need to start with the manuals, SAFETY is Job #1, and like what was stated already, if you know which end of a wrench to use, then you're half way there.

FORD N-SERIES TRACTOR ESSENTIAL OWNER/OPERATOR MANUALS:

Tim *PloughNman* Daley(MI)

*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]