Re: What grill is this?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultradog MN on May 02, 2017 at 05:23:07 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: What grill is this? posted by Marty in MI on April 30, 2017 at 18:48:52:

It is an aftermarket bumper. Similar ones were built by several companies. Probably first started showing up in the 70s and made to fit for other brands as well as Fords. Still available on ebay and other places. Saw one one on a 3020 John Deere recently and have seen them on a couple of 3 cylinder 4000s where they bolt to the sides of the bolster and not the axle itself.
There were 4 types of Ford bumpers that I know of. The much duplicated Dearborn type for Ns, a similar style for Jubilees and early Hundreds, another, 3 bar style for 01s and Priors and a slightly different 3 bar style for the Thousands.
Probably the least common style is the Jube style. All of them will fit on an N but the later ones are wider to fit the wider tractors.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]