Re: Crown Batteries?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on March 10, 2017 at 11:07:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Crown Batteries? posted by Tyler (MD) on March 10, 2017 at 05:27:49:

Only ever had 1 Deka battery 12 volt for a truck I had at the warehouse. It weighed a ton and lasted forever.
If you want a really good and lasting 6 volt, then buy a Trojan battery. They use those for golf carts and solar storage and they last a really long time. But they are pricey. I tried Exide for the boat one year, both cranking and deep cycle, and they did not last very long.

The best batteries I ever had were Delco sealed 12 volt batteries. I bought several on sale years ago for the boats and cars and for solar storage. They all lasted for over 5 years and I still have 2 that are over 10 years old and they were recharged for trolling motors many many times. They were plain car batteries and worked for everything.

While talking batteries, if you want my 2 cents, deep cycle batteries are not worth their cost and weight. I have never had even the best ones last over 2 or 3 years. I can buy 2 regular car batteries for the price of 1 deep cycle and they are easier to carry and last just as long. I always take 2 batteries to troll the boat. one I will run till it gets weak, then I know I have the second one to get me home. The two regular high cca batteries last much longer then 1 deep cycle battery.
I just buy the same batteries for the boat that I use in my F-150 or Expedition. That way I can swap them any time I want and always have a backup. Works great.
Lastly, the WallyWorld batteries die after 2 years, and the cheap ones they have seem to last longer then their Everlast ones.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]