Stupid tracter.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on March 02, 2017 at 20:04:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

dag nabbed demonstrator. So a few weeks ago, in the near freezing weather I went out and started it. It started and ran for a few seconds and died. Crank, crank, crank...screw it.
A few days later, do it again. That time it died when I hit the FEL controls.
Frozen juice?
Crank, crank, crank....Screw it.
There it sat. And sat. And sat.
Okay. I added gas to it, so it ain't empty on that. Got around 40 degrees the past few days and so today after a trip into town and letting it sit on the charger, I pull the cap and the glop glued cover on top of the rotor. Points look ugly. Glop on the rotor. I have never seen glop on a rotor like this. Wires are ugly. Champion plugs. P/N J8C. Say what? J8C. Supposedly the number in use since 1966 or so, is a 108. Champs are not my favorite plug and found some autoslugs to throw in there instead. Got the parts ordered up from the other guys web site and went over to Rock Auto for a second set of points/condenser. I even broke the cute brass strip inside the dist that connects the power lead to the points. The other guys had that alsoand the screw kit that holds it all together. So now I sit and wait for all the tune up parts and can't use my toy until then. One of these days I will get around to fixing the brakes on it and more. Until then, I use the Duesenberg theory of 17 inch mechanical brakes. "My cars are designed to go"....
stoopid tracter.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]