TISCO POINTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on February 03, 2017 at 13:50:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

I was in the next town over so stopped in to my nearest CNH dealer. I needed a set of points, two rotors, two caps and two gasket kits. I really only need one rotor to get one distributor back together, but as Red Green says, real men always buy at least two when they shop. So I looked at their tune-up kit for the front mount distributor. You get 4 Auto-Lite 437 plugs; 1 rotor; 1 condensor; 1 set of gaskets; and 1 set of points. I forgot to check country of origin. No cap. I know they use to have everything in the kits. The bad news? Total cost would be around $65!!! Pass. I can get all the parts at my local Kubota guy for less than half. Next, I did settle for a set of TISCO points only because I thought I saw the rubbing block was phenolic, not plastic and it actually comes with its own precision gage of .015" for setting point gap. I can't remember the last time I used TISCO points, but went against my better judgment because I needed a condensor. Got home and opened pack and sure enough the rubbing block was brown plastic, not phenolic. I guess I'll have a set of points now for an extreme emergency. Points were $9.56. I paid $14 for a set of good ECHLIN points at NAPA last week. NAPA did not have a rotor, cap, or condensor though. I thought it would be wise to help my local merchants out, but if they can't stock those vital parts and then charge beau-coup bucks for the ones they do, I will just go back to shopping online.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]