Re: 1945 ferguson implements drill- rusty but useable?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kristi Lopez on September 28, 2015 at 18:31:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 1945 ferguson implements drill- rusty but useable? posted by Bill in NC on September 28, 2015 at 16:50:02:

I appreciate what you guys have said to me. Like I said before, I am new to this, so any help is great. I am actually not the one insisting on using the grain drill, the previous manager here still has his hands in the pot and is the one who is adamant about the drill. He ran the farm for 11 years and is having a hard time letting someone else make decisions- understandably so.
I am going to try to talk to him about broadcast seeding. I have brought up different seeding methods before and he is nervous because we spend several thousand dollars on seed and last year, less than half germinated and the rest was eaten by birds....talk about expensive bird food! Anyway- I will probably let him do it his way this year and then we can try something new next year. It's too close to seeding time for us to be undecided. We are in such a warm climate that we are supposed to seed next month.
I am thrilled to know what that drill was made for though. We always assumed all of the farm equipment we have lying around is useless. This property was purchased in 1991, already closed and condemned. It took 3 years to open it again and another 5 to get the farm going.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Implements Forum ] [ FAQ ]