Re: stud extenders for ford pie weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ads Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 01, 2019 at 06:26:41 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: stud extenders for ford pie weights posted by marc on April 29, 2019 at 19:47:41:

Marc-
I'm not sure you are going to find these repopped new cheaper than the $11 Steiner asks. Like I said below, Jim(UT) used to sell OEM sets, and someone else made sets but haven't seen any in a while so don't know if still available. You could try to place an AD here, check the N-NEWS, Antique Power, and the F/FCA ads,and other tractor publications. Also, watch fleabay, CL, and such for sets for sale as well. Often I see pie weight sets listed that are incomplete, usually missing these stud extenders. If you had the right machinery, you could try to make your own. You will need to purchase 1-1/16" AF hex stock to work with. The 5/8-18 ID thread has to be concentric with the 5/8-18 OD thread w/n .005" TIR. The labor involved plus the material costs determine price. Everyone wants a bargain, that's understood. Like any product, manufacturing in bulk quantities reduces costs. STEINER outsources a local machine shop to mass produce on CNC Equipment and that is the way I did mine. I used collet pad jaws to chuck the 1-1/16" hex stock. You may luck out and find a used set, but that may take time to locate so depending on your needs, $11 doesn't seem that bad.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ads Forum ] [ FAQ ]