Re: Manifold for my NAA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ads Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on May 27, 2018 at 06:00:48 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Manifold for my NAA posted by Chuck Palmer on May 26, 2018 at 05:18:01:

Yep, I too have had issues in the past few years with DC parts. They are almost all now made in Cheena and there is no quality anymore. You won't find any manifolds, or any or very little cast parts 'Made In the USA' anymore. The EPA has seen to end that with all their restrictions on foundries and their waste disposal methods. Many foundries went of business because they couldn't afford to operate with the fees involved. My point was that replacing the manifold with a used one may not be a wise decision. A used manifold may have the same wear as your old one and thus the same leaks. I don't know if anyone sells anything new with better quality -they are all probably made by the same manufacturer in Cheena anyway. STEINERS list theirs at $119. Years ago STEINER used to make and sell USA cast manifolds and other parts right here in Michigan. They had to stop because of the costs involved -there was no return on their investments. I still have a 9N-9425 Manifold with "STEINER -MADE IN THE USA" in cast raised characters on the top. Be aware too that Carpenter has gone and changed the implement lamp bulb without warning. The bulb and socket has been changed to a new style that makes using the original lamp and/or socket useless. I've also had issues with their worklight wires as well. The bullet connectors pull off of the wires very easily. I could go on with other parts but I won't. They winder why they aren't selling parts much anymore. Maybe if people complained more they'd do something about it. The 'throwaway' American mentality nowadays makes it worse because people don't complain enough and return the crapola opting to just toss it and buy another new one. Wanting to keep things as original as possible is understandable, that's why rebuilding carbs, distributors, water pumps, governors, hydraulic pumps, et al is advisable. Wear parts like manifolds are not advised for reasons I stated.

OLD STEINER MADE IN USA CASTING/MANIFOLD:

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ads Forum ] [ FAQ ]